Friday, October 8, 2010

The reason Horse lovers buy my DVD On Pain Points

I have a 6 year old paint mare and she is my first horse so I'm not very knowledgeable about horses.
This is what's been going on for the past three month. My horse is barefoot and I had her trimmed by a farrier. The next day I rode her she started tripping. I thought she was just sore from the trim and waited it out since the farrier told me there was nothing wrong. I had her trimmed again six weeks later and it just got really bad after that. She was lame in the front ( no injury, swelling, heat anywhere), her back and hind end were very sore to touch at this point too.
 Everyone at the stable told me she needed shoes and that would solve the problem. Since I don't really believe in shoes used a different barefoot trimmer instead. The trimmer told me that both of her hind hooves were a 1/4" higher in the inside which could have caused her hind end to be sore and also that  both front hooves had bruised toes and bruised bars.
My mare did get better after the trim but she is still so off. I can't get her to take the right lead, her stride is short on the front left, in the canter her back feet can't keep up with the front, the saddle always seems to tip to the left and she has developed a dip in front of the withers.
I also got a new saddle to make sure the saddle wasn't causing the problems.
After coming across your website, I did do the pain assessment from your video and she seems to be sore in the withers, mid section on the left , right stifle and her hips are not even.
Does all this make any sense to you? xxxxx

No comments: