Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Colic Protocol testimonial-Excerpt from my upcoming book!

Lorrie, 

Well, last night, about 5 mins into Jay eating, he started colicing.  
I went in stall, pulled him out, got my stuff out, read your colic protocol, and started at it

squirt of High trac right away.  About 5cc.
then I gathered my homeopathy, and got organized, got my syringes out, cup, high trac, homeopathy, etc.  

Administered about 20cc of High Trac, Nux & Cammomilla, tea tree on belly button, 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper, and a magnet swipe on back 3-4 times.  Walked him for 5 mins.  

Repeated in 10 min's.   Except oil and cayenne. walked 5 mins.    
He pooped. Looking better after about 20 mins. 

Redid the high track every 15 min, till it was one hour from start of symptoms.   
Also redid homeopathy.  One more tea tree oil.  

He was back to himself in 30 minutes or less!!!  

Don't know what happened!!!
I didn't presoak the pellets very long tonight.  It was a warm day, so I didn't want to soak them in morning, for night feeding.  I have been doing that since it's been cold.  Then adding more water at feeding time.  But today, I just soaked them about 5-10 min's before feeding.  They were not as soft as usual.  They don't soften up very well when it's cold, that's why I have been letting soak between feeding, then adding more water at fedding time. If that makes sense.  So, don't know what happened.  

His lip went up in the air, like he smelled something awful.  Then it went up again and again, and that is when I went in stall, to check on his feed, and then he started cat stretching, circling and wanting to lay down.  I got him out of stall immediately and did a quick squirt of High Trac!  Etc, etc. 

On top of all of that, I FORGOT MY PHONE AT HOME!!!!  So, I just had faith in your protocol!  I had written it down and put it in my first aid kit.  So, I just hoped for the best and it worked like a charm!!!   

I stayed at barn for 1-1/2 hours from time of symptoms.  When I left, he was grazing peacefully.  But, I locked him in paddock with hay for the night.  You saved my horse!!!  That high trac does wonders!!!  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!  

Is it ok to give him full rations for morning feeding?  

Diana 

No comments: